Monday, August 1, 2016

World Affairs Seminar

Britney Markhardt and Grace Schulting, seniors-to-be at BHS, attended the World Affairs Seminar at Carroll University in Waukesha from June 25 through July 1. This year's theme was "Water: Global Resource to Share and Protect." The seminar's goal is to develop global leaders and citizens with an innovative, rigorous academic program. Britney and Grace were selected to participate in the World Affairs Seminar by Belleville High School's (Student) Leadership Committee, led Mrs. Walejko. Grace noted, "I loved the fact that we were exposed to numerous cultures- not only from other states, but other countries as well.  Having the opportunity to [experience] each other's lifestyles allowed me to better understand a different way of living that is new from the 'small town' life I'm used to...I was able to create relationships with people who I am still in touch with currently!" THANK YOU TO THE KIWANIS FOR FUNDING THIS OPPORTUNITY!